Pismo Beach


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Friday 23rd April
Pismo Beach
The journey here reminded us of the Dales back in England, lots of rolling green hills but with cattle rather than sheep. We were close to, but not quite on the coast.

We arrived at Pismo Beach just in time for lunch and the mandatory lunchtime sleep afterwards! This was one big site, over 300 pitches, a pool, minigolf, clubhouse, restaurant and store and was fully booked for the weekend. Hardly surprising really given that there was direct access to the beach from the campsite.

For the first time we got in a bit of a muddle over the itinery. The booking form for Pismo stated that we had two nights reserved so we had a slow and steady afternoon, I did the washing, Jonathan went for a run and Jack played on the slide, with the plan being we'd head to the beach the next day. Well, the next day came, I was getting the rucksack ready for the morning walk and Jonathan was catching up on a few things on his laptop early on and realised that we should be driving up the coast to Big Sur. We'd reserved Pismo for two nights simply because they wouldn't let us reserve for one!

What followed was quite spectacular. I think we managed to pack up and get on the road in about twenty minutes! We'll tell you all about the journey up the rest of the Pacific Coast Highway in our next posting - but as a taster it was stunning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb