Palms Springs


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 7th August (sorry no pics yet, we're having real trouble loading any on at the mo, but here is what we have been up to in not too many words!)

Wow what a day palm springs just gets better and better. We woke late and spent time blogging which delayed the day's activities. We set off to see Indian canyon, but it was closed during the week, so we diverted to the zoo. However as we are in the desert the zoo understandably closes at 1.30pm because all the animals are hiding out in the shade!!

We didn't have too long to look around, but in the heat of the mid day sun it was plenty. We saw a golden eagle, and many more birds, (two of which I thought were fake as they were standing so still) tortoise, wolf, desert foxes and dogs, mountain cats, ostrich, cheater, and a mountain lion. The cacti and flora were also amazing, but the nicest thing was that the living desert, as it is called, all seemed natural and open and not zoo like at all.

It was on to downtown Palm Springs next for lunch at a lovely bar/grill, with swinging chairs!! After our lunch had gone down we set off to Knott's Soak City, a fun water parked filled with slides. Graeme was very unsure about this and the fact that it was a rip off added to the disapproval. Having said that we both had so much fun on the slides and wave pool. One ride was so fast the Graeme's short ripped, but nothing that another trip to the Adidas shop wont fix!!

After getting a quick run in, we headed back downtown as every Thursday they close off the roads and have a street with live music. In keeping with the rest of the day, we missed most of the action on the street, but found a local pub with live music and very interesting martinis. Gra had apple-tini and I had mango-tini!! We moved on to the next bar called the Blue Guitar and ordered drinks. Very shortly after this we noticed it was in fact a gay bar, and after Graeme had been chatted up at the bar and we had giggled at the drag queen entertainment we headed home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb