1st Night in RV!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Oxnard
April 30th 2021
Published: May 16th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Today was the big day for our family of 5 to head down to the beach campsite and try sleeping in a RV for the first time! First, Nathan had to go to school for the day and Steve and Tory had to pack the RV. Steve took the day off work and took the girls to the park in the morning which was a lifesaver for Tory so she could start the packing. We had a full RV of camping stuff, toys, clothes, food, and even bikes that could fit on the bike rack. We took off after the girls naps and Tory drove the RV alone and peacefully with Steve following behind in the van with the girls and Nathan after picking him up from school. A quick stop at Panera was needed for an easy dinner and then off to the campsite at Thornhill Broome in between Oxnard and Malibu off the coast of the PCH.

At the entrance to get into the campsite, Rosie spotted 2 dolphins right outside our window coming out of the ocean a few times and Vivian and Nathan were mesmorized and Vivian kept trying her best to say "Dolphin" in her 2-year old language. We got there we were happy to be in a campsite that you could open the RV door and put your feet in the sand! The view of the ocean and rocky coastline was beautiful too, especially at sunset. We parked next to a couple with a 7-year old boy and 5-year old girl, what were the chances of that? Immediately the kids all hit it off as we took our 5 big plastic shovels and they worked together to build holes in the sand. Rosie and Vivian shared princess toys with the girl Aubrey who was wearing an Ariel Mermaid shirt so we knew it would be a perfect match for Rosie. There was a fire pit and table so Tory took some of the firewood we brought from the humongous collection that her Dad has at his house and started a fire for our family and the other family next to us joined. It was too late to make S'mores so we settled in the RV and had Rosie sleep in the back bed and Vivian in a pack 'n play right in the middle of the RV. Nathan wanted to stay up so he could hear what Tory and Steve talk about at night. He cuddled in Tory's arms and quickly got tired and said he wanted to go to bed. Steve and Tory stayed up talking a little more and eventually made it into their beds as each slept in the same bed with the big kids with the sounds of the ocean waves crashing loudly to fall asleep to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb