California Wine Country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa Valley
October 15th 2006
Published: November 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Wine country


Calistoga to Petaluma to Napa

Sunday 10/15 is an organization day. Just biked to Mass, had breakfast at “Sarafonia”, biked around town and to the Laundromat. The convenience of being home and doing laundry is a luxury, but on-the-road it is a pain in the butt.
Monday, 10/16, We drove to Petaluma to have the Bothan repaired at a five star Chrysler/Dodge dealer where our turbo-resonator was efficiently and rapidly replaced. We both wonder why this isn’t a recall item since so many people with this Mercedes Benz diesel engine have had the same problem. The warranty took care of the cost, but it would have been more difficult in Labrador!
Back to the wine country, Napa, and we have signed up for a wine tour tomorrow. Just wandering through the town of Napa, and the shops. Of course the theme of everything is wine. Tonight we are in Napa at the Skyline Wilderness Park, a bit out of town, but pleasant.
Tuesday, 10/17, Tuesday. The Plataypus van picked us up at 10:15ish and we continued to pick up other folks, till we were ten. We met folks from all over the country interesting. Our first stop was Peju Winery and the fee was $7 then St. Clement’s fee $10, and a picnic lunch, then Venge and the caves-fee $10, and finally the Frank Family $0. plus the van tour cost of $75, and yes it was an expensive day! It reminds me of Disneyland for adults. Everything is controlled, the land, the visits, the vineyards, the tastings, and everything is expensive. It was a good day, and I like wine, but it was not my favorite. Now think of Bob, he doesn’t like wine, he is a good sport and always finds something of interest, or just takes photos. On the other hand, I think I have visited enough breweries!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb