Day 22: So Long to Silver Sally, Sideways, and the In'N'Out Burger


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 22: Saying goodbye to Silver Sally. Latitude 38.41, Longitude -122.33. Temp 85.

This was the day we turned in Silver Sally. She faithfully logged 4772.5 miles for us. Not to mention the 150 miles we drove in Auntie's car today, the miles of hiking and exploring times for people, plus the 35 miles to the Oakland airport and the 40 miles from Logan to home tomorrow, the Turgeons will have logged over 5000 miles of adventure, laughs, wonder, anxiety, leaving our comfort zone, trying something new, and just growing even closer making memories that will last a lifetime.

But first, before we leave, I returned Silver Sally back to Hertz. It was somewhat emotional washing off her paint and saying goodbye.

Then we went with Auntie and our cousins to wine country. We enjoyed a wonderful brunch, played some bocce, and sampled wines from a few of the vineyards of the valley. To cap it off upon our return, we enjoyed fine dining at the In'N'Out Burger that we have heard so much about. That's where we met Matt and Julia who photo-bombed us.

Again, we went home and played a couple hours of outrageous charades. We spent about an hour making sure all our bags made weight for the flight. Somehow everything we lugged across the country and accumulated along the way seemed to fit in our four checked bags. Off to the airport in an hour. Hopefully, it will be an uneventful flight home.

Looking forward to wrapping up the blog tomorrow by summing up our trip. We also have a handful of videos worthy of sharing too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb