Other Carneros Region Wineries


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Since I am always in Carneros to visit Domaine Carneros, there are other stops, some of which might be quite good:





Saintsbury: Learn more about what single-vineyard means here. Founders Richard Ward and David Graves named their winery after the famous English scholar and wine lover. The wines here can be lush and rich.

Bouchaine: With its first vines planted in the 1800s, Bouchaine claims to be the oldest continually operating winery in Carneros. It’s passed through many hands, but even the winery’s current iteration has some serious history behind it.

Etude: Look for the road lined with eucalyptus trees. The old farmhouse that is Etude was refurbished into a lavish winery that still keeps an old-fashioned flair. The lineup includes Pinot Blanc, rosé and Pinot Noir.

Artesa: This beautiful property has some of the most stunning views in Carneros. Look for the Tempranillo and Cabernet Franc, both succulent and spicy. But don’t come here on the weekend, when it can be crowded.

Ram’s Gate: Whether you’re taking visitors to Los Carneros or you’re looking for a more casual tasting, Ram’s Gate is a light-filled, fireplace-peppered winery with lots of options. You can commit to a formal seated tasting or a four-wine flight at the bar.

Donum: If you love art, this is your winery. In the midst of some significant changes, Donum also recently added a contemporary sculpture collection throughout the 200-acre Sonoma estate. The appointment-only tasting offers a walk through the grounds.

Just a word of advice: Always have a designated driver!!!

Great area, you must visit~~~


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb