You shall have a fishy...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Morro Bay
September 4th 2013
Published: September 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After checking in .... hang on I just need to tell you this because for me this moment is memorable . I am sat in the Mustang (on an inflatable cushion because I can’t see over the dash) typing away on my laptop listening to Elvis and Martin is driving and singing and he is so happy and I love to see him like this... he is a good guy with a big heart who has worked hard all his life and for today he is living the dream

So back to my story., checked in to our rooms, there are just two but they are big with large panoramic windows that look directly over the bay. They are called The Hideaway and The Big Sur Front Street Inn Morro Beach. They are quirky and have lots of oddities like a huge telescope hanging over the old stone fireplace and a big comfy sofa which it strategically placed to just sit and watch the sunset over the bay. We have a big jacuzzi in our suite too. It’s above a bakery (...ooh that’s handy).

Our host told us about a good place to eat as we decided to try some fish n chips so we had a quick shower and set off for the restaurant. Its always a good sign when there are people waiting for a table, and we had a 20 minute wait to be seated and so we sat in the bar just behind, where they had arranged to call us when out table was free. The bar doubled as a take away for all kinds of fresh fish and seafood they had trays of smoked abercore, prawns, oysters and lots of other fishy delights.

I watched a young girl deftly opening some of the biggest Oysters I have ever seen, thye were the size of her hands great big fat and juicy but for the life of me I couldn’t eat one ..no way. .. although the recipient in the bar looked very pleased with his half dozen. We took our table and the waitress came over.. she was full of life and real American hospitality.. she took about five minutes to explain the specialities of the house form black cod to halibut cheeks and abercore cooked in teryaki etc.. we felt a bit boring when we ordered cod n chips and a rib eye steak for Martin, but the food was delicious and we could see why it was a popular choice. The waitress recommended the bread pudding.. “Good choice..hot from the oven” coming right at ya.. she said and various other sayings like when the boys ordered the beers she said “you got it” she was sweet and Martin’s delight at his bread pudding amused her.

As we left the restaurant the sun was setting over Morro Bay and the fishing boats, their catch presented in the fish markets had finished for the day and were anchored in safe harbour they bobbed gently against the red and amber backdrop of the setting sun. We took a stroll back to the hotel and watched the seals just s few feet away as the the whale watch boat came back in. We thought they were sweet... until they kept us awake barking all night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb