Lions of Monterey


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.5976, -121.897

There is so much to see when you are in Monterey. Of course you can have a wonderful time just walking around checking out the sights and sounds of Monterey. One of the things we enjoyed this time was the Farmers Market the evening we arrived.

Of course there are always the seals and sea lions to be found down in the harbor area and a trip to Monterey is not complete without checking them out! We also always walk down Fisherman's Wharf which seems to be mainly tourist shops with some eatery in between and the whale watching tours at the end. It is a still fun to walk down and check out the sea lions on their platform at the end.

Got up the next morning and decided to catch up on some of our journalling. Did make a stop along theway at the local Goodwill and then to the Deli down on the harbor by where the Coast Guard boats are stationed. Did some blogging there and then decided to go the the Trailside Cafe. Had another nice meal there. They have changed their hours and are not open in the evening so had to move on. So move on we did and headed to La Strada for a nice coffee and some more journaling. Robert did see some otters before heading back up to the car.

From there back to the campground where we parked the car and then headed back down to town on foot. Dinner at the Crown and Anchor again where we had a great evening with two pilots that had flown into Monterey. One was from Portugal and we had fun visiting with them about travel. Don't go to Venice in August. Get tired of hearing that............... because guess what, that is when we will be
there!



Additional photos below
Photos: 97, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb