A Winter's Day in Monterey (CA)


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
January 20th 2015
Saved: October 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The big secret, as Californians that we all know, is that winter does provide some of the most beautiful and sunny days of the year. Crystal clear, with little or no breeze, creates a picturesque day. A round of golf at Pebble Beach, though now a little pricey, is perhaps one of the greatest and most beautiful walks in the world. It is often seen on television during the Pebble Beach Clambake (otherwise known now as the ATT PGA Pro-Am Golf Tournament) when the east coast is slammed with cold, snow, ice, and rain.

But on those few really cold or rainy days here, what can we do to enjoy this great part of the world?

1. The Monterey Aquarium

2. The John Steinbeck Center (Salinas)

3. Carmel Mission (where Father Serra is buried) They are making him a Saint?

4. Go wine tasting (seventeen tasting rooms in Carmel alone!).

5. Road trip down Highway 1 to Big Sur.

6. Monterey Fisherman's Wharf

7. Find your Zen at a spa.

8. When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!

9. Drive famous Seventeen Mile Drive (both ways)

10. Find a dry spot inside (grab a glass of wine and a book)
<br id="ecxFontBreak" />Many reasonably priced hotels have fireplaces. And many are located within walking distance to restaurants and bars. And the risk of a terrorist attack seems quite low in Camel and Monterey. Locals are always friendly, and quick to offer a suggestion for a place to eat, drink, and play. Without golf clubs or my bicycle, I feel betrayed and abandoned (just kidding!). But we will have our dog, Buddy with us. And he loves to run on the white sand beach of Carmel bay. We have even gone over to Pebble Beach from Carmel. And we need to do a little shopping for our upcoming trip to Hawaii. Or maybe I can just hang around the bikini shop, pretending that I am buying a gift? By the way, the weather will be gorgeous.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb