Pictures Galore, plus, we're on the road again...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
July 29th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Point Lobos is Amazing!!!Point Lobos is Amazing!!!Point Lobos is Amazing!!!

So nice to be back here....one of my favorite places on Earth
Hello Children of the Corn!!!! (and anyone else who may be reading this blog)

well...

First of all, we've added tons of Pictures to the Blog. I highly recomed opening up the entry "Bali Bali Oh My!!!" for fabulous pics from Indo... However, the pictures start in our last Thailand entry and those aren't too shabby either!.... I know we're missing a few entries-worth of pictures, but they're currently in the mail somewhere between here and Australia, so we'll put those on the Blog when we can :-)

Benji and I are doing great. We've been in California for almost a month now...time flys!!!

We spent a week or so at my parents house in the OC before cruzin' up north to Monterey... our old stomping ground. Benji when to the channel Islands on a camping trip while I stayed back, got over the craziest jet lag ever, and enjoyed some fourth of july festivities.
We headed up north to make some cash, and to visit friends and family... so far, it's been great!

Benji has been working the past two and a half weeks at his old job as an engineering consultant, and I
Hiking at Point LobosHiking at Point LobosHiking at Point Lobos

We came out here with Boots (alex Shulman) and some of his friends form the east coast. it was a blast!
spent some time arranging flowers at the old shop as well as taking dance classes, dreaming about new dance pieces with cara, and attending performances up in San Francisco.

Don't worry, Benji has had some fun as well...it's not all work... Our friends Chris and Val are in town from Chile so we spent a bit of time with them (though not nearly enough) as well as some nice time hiking on the coast at my favorite spot, Point Lobos, and some general merriment with dear friends. We've been having fun:-)

This past Saturday was my cousin Makenzie's 2nd birthday. We drove up to Boulder Creek for some HOT HOT HOT birthday fun. the river got dammed (shhh...don't tell) and we enjoyed the afternoon swimming in the river. Mackenzie is getting HUGE, and it was so great to see the family!

But seriously, for anyone that may be concerned, don't worry we're still on our permanent vacation.

We're headed back to So Cal tomorrow, and then on Monday we'll be flying to the East Coast to spend some time with the other half of our family.

We plan on setting sail on Wednesday or
Abby's 25th in San FranciscoAbby's 25th in San FranciscoAbby's 25th in San Francisco

Quarter of a century...look out!
so with our friend Jonah for the great sailing adventure of 2006...
Actually we're sailing from Rhode Island up to Maine where we'll be crashing at our other friend Bentre's house in Vynilhaven, Maine. Very excited and nervous to get on the boat, but I think it'll be a blast.

We'll be on the east coast until some time in September... mostly in New Jersey and Rhode Island, with a bit of Connecticut and New York thrown in as well. we'd love to see anyone that's going to be around, so just let us know!!!

Hope that everyone's staying nice and cool in this crazy heat wave!!!

Much Love-
Abby (and Benji too!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

blowing out the candlesblowing out the candles
blowing out the candles

Mackenzie and "grandma!!" (Linda) blowing out the birthday candles


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb