The Cruiser...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
April 1st 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Cruiser...The Cruiser...The Cruiser...

Our ride to back and beyond!!

Take me away to Monterey Bay



After a fantastic week in San Francisco we hired our (budget?) car from Alamo! It's a brand new silver Crysler PT Cruiser with blacked out windows, allows, and leather seats!! Sierra Nevada, Death Valley, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Arizona....here we come!!!!!!

Our first stop in the 'beast of bristol' is Monterey Bay, which is South of San Fran down the famous and scenic Route 1 - which usually is a fantastic drive though California's golden costal roads, Pacific on the right, stunning mountains and valleys on the left...thing is...California happening to be suffereing from the worst rain downfall in 20 years!!...*%!$(MISSING)@!!!! Nevertheless, we were excited to be out on the road with a cool itinerey in mind!

We were travelling with an Ozzy bloke called Grant who we met in Green Tortiose..this would save us money on petrol and motels!! And he was sound, offered us a place to stay in Melbourne too!

Monterey Bay is a small sea side town with 'nice' shops and stuff.....but we where there for one thing??? Its' worldwide famous Aquarium!!

Monterey Aquarium



Wow!!! Absolutely MASSIVE tanks..they even kept a great white - which is
The TANK!!The TANK!!The TANK!!

Check out the size of the tuna..
a massive achievement itself. Unfortunately they released it a few months ago. But, everything else you'd expect to find was there, ie, Tuna as big as us, giant Octopus, jellies, sea otters, kelp forest, hammer head sharks, etc...

It was well worth seeing!! Check out the pics ya'll!!

After Monterey, we drive inland to the Sierra Nevada > Death Valley > VEGAS!!

love to All

Nick & Ally

xxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

'Squirt' in the dome'Squirt' in the dome
'Squirt' in the dome

A self explanitory title!
The Kelp forest!!The Kelp forest!!
The Kelp forest!!

Look at the size of the people at the bottom!!


12th April 2006

G'day from Oz
Glad I wasn't there when Great White was!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb