San fran to Monterey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
August 3rd 2010
Published: August 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a lovely breakfast again and then packed up all our stuff. Ended up paying $98 for the three days parking, not sure if that was cheaper than the transfers from the airport. We headed out for the Golden gate park. Went via some beautiful old houses, reminded us of the film - Pacific Heights. It was a beautiful park. Went in the conservatory which had some beautiful flowers and spectacular carnivorous plants. Went to the Japanese tea garden which was really pretty, lots of wizened old trees, ponds, bridges and pagodas. Got back to the car and continued on our journey - destination Monteray. Went on the scenic route Highway 1 which was a lovely drive but took longer. Stopped at a Safeway near Santa Cruz and bought some lunch and then made the wrong decision to have a sit on the beach for a bit of a break. Well could we find the beach ..no. Drove around for ages getting very frustrated and then gave up and continued to Monterey. We will stick to the plan in future! Stayed in the Travel lodge in Monterey and at first glance it looked a bit grim but inside was lovely- huge big beds, a big room, separate coffee and clothes area and flat screen TV. Free drinks in the lobby and breakfast too. Rested for a bit and then walked down into the town. It was market day and we just about caught the last of it. Had our dinner in Rosina's which was recommended at the travellodge. Huge big portions, the boys couldn't eat all their burgers and we were too stuffed for pudding which was a shame as they looked delicious. I had chicken in an artichoke sauce. Artichokes were grown in the fields all the way down to Monterey along with salad plants. Walked down to the wharf after and were surprised by loads of sealions there, they were barking like mad and the smell was horendous. Looked in the little shops on the wharf which is what we would call a pier and then headed back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb