Monterery and 17 mile drive


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
August 17th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 17th August
After travelling as far as King City, and with Gra getting stopped for speeding!!, we decided to call it a night. We woke up early, not only to get out of the dodgy motel, but also to get into Monterary. As it felt like we had spend forever in the car, so we hired bikes to do the scenic 17 mile drive around Monteray. This worked out really well because it was a great way to see the sights of the town, and the lovely coastline, while getting plenty of fresh air and exercise. We passed numerous coastal golf courses, and one of them was hosting a car exhibition. As it was on the cycle route, we took time out to view many impressive old and new cars of various make and model. We did feel slightly out of place amongst the wealthy men and women attending the show - needless to say we came away car-less!
After our cycle ride, we headed to the Aquarium - another recommended stop on our itineray. There was much to see including penguins, otters, sharks, jellyfish and numerous other sea life of all shapes, sizes, and colours.
Our final stop of the day was a meal along the wharfside, where we both sampled some freshly caught fish of the day. We retired to our motel, suitably fed and equally as tired.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb