damn hoodlums


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We cracked. We are in a hotel right now. The Seaside Inn... We were driving from Yosemite and it got too dark and there were no nice brown signs on the side of the highway for camping. so we are in our first hotel.

Since we last "blogged," we have travelled down the coast. We saw the Redwoods in northern California and they were HUGE. Then we headed towards San Francisco. We stayed with Allison's friends Mary and Jim Shiff in their cute home in Sebastopol, CA. We spent several nights in the area, exploring the little towns near Sebastopol as well as exploring San Francisco with Allison's camp friend, Allie Doak. We did all the regular tourist activities: Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge, etc. We also had a great experience at our first gay bar... very fun. Mary was kind enough to drive us around the Sonoma area to do a little wine tasting. Many great experiences and Gina found her soul mate. We dont know his name though.

After San Francisco, we drove east to Yosemite. It was GORGEOUS! The steep cliffs were unreal! The only downside was the crowds. On a cold Wednesday night, the park was HOPPIN! The campgrounds were super crowded with hoodlums everywhere!
We hiked and explored Yosemite for a day and then we decided that the crowds were too much so we headed back to the coast this afternoon.

We plan on heading down the coast and exploring the cute coastal towns. Maybe even catch a few rays or maybe some surfers? We plan on heading to the LA area on Sunday where we will stay with crazy Mr. and Mrs. Penning. We are looking forward to them "corrupting" us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb