Day 2 - London Adventures


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Millbrae
January 20th 2015
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.6151, -122.382

Well what a day!

Up the easiest of any day on our holiday so far! Yes all but one wide awake at about 04:00 and talking. Had showers and met everyone in the restaurant for the included breakfast, typical Hilton spread so we won't be hungry, that's for sure.

I booked the "Original London Tour" for 48 hours with the Concierge and obtained directions to bus pick up point. So now organised for the day.

All had a nice breakfast and off we went for a short walk to the collection point. It was probably ten blocks and took 30 minutes. I have found in both USA & UK support staff seem to have no comprehension of distance.

Blue sky's today and about 2 degrees, very chilly!

On the bus, very clean and in good condition (compared with those we used in NY. We started with the red route and saw Regents Park, Regent Street (architecture is fantastic), Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square, Royal Courts of Justice, St Paul's Cathedral, over the London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, and started to see new developments like the Gherkin, Razor, etc. We then proceeded past Shakespeare's Globe, Westminster Bridge, Lambeth Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben & Houses of Parliament, then onto Buckingham Palace where we alighted the bus and watched "changing of the guard", this was a very traditional ceremony and there were lots of tourists taking in the action. Sophie & Emma had a photo taken with an officer of London Police.

Next onto the yellow route via Trafalgar Square (again), Downing Street, and the London Eye where we bought tickets and boarded for a high level view of the greater London City. The top of the wheel is 136 metres above ground level. Lots of photos and everyone had a really good time.

We then walked along Westminster Bridge and took the river cruise to Tower Bridge where again we boarded the red loop and headed home. We had to be home before 18:00 as dad could not attend Les Miserables tonight and Sophie was asked to go with Joe & Keightly. A little restrained to start with she eventually gained enthusiasm and agreed to go.

Sophie off to the theatre and Celina, Dad, Emma & I had dinner again in the Hilton. Over Dinner Dad announces that not only are Sophie & Emma going to see Matilda tomorrow but so are Celina & I. We will be all theatres out because Dad had already bought us tickets to see Phanton of the Opera Wednesday evening.

Now we need to lye awake for Sophie to return from the theatre. Big day!

Sophie got home around 22:30 and had a great time at the theatre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



21st January 2015

Glad you are enjoying London. Fantastic that Sophie went to Les Mis!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb