San Fran to Yosemite


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Midpines
September 12th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

********************************

Unfinished blog better than no blog

********************************






The best view of San Francisco is either from the Marriott sky lounge of from the road getting out.

San Fran stinks. Of every city I have been to, San Fran is the most turgid. For the first time ever I saw someone pissing on the pavement. Not against a wall. Not down a close. Just stopped midway in the pavement leaving a sticky stream for everyone to tramp through.

The gap between rich and por is ridiculous, but all too close. Our Motel6 was in the rougher Tenderloin area; drunks, vagabonds and chancers abounded. In one block of 100 yards we were approached at least 6 times, each with their own unique tale of woe. 100 yards in the other direction was a car dealer specializing in Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Porsches. In San Fran the rich are RICH and the poor are POOR.

The most creative beggar was found down by the pier. He hid behind the trash can holding branches from a bush, covering himself from view. He would wait for an unsuspecting Joe to walk past, jump out of his camouflage andscare the poor sod out of his skin. "IF YOU CAN'T BE A MAN PUT A BUCK IN THE CAN" he would shout and that was it. The poor Joe washad to sump up.

Now the Shelby Mustang.......

Cisco is not all bad. The Golden Gate Bridge is an icon of our times, and looks grand from any angle. Alcatraz is a lesson in how not to hold prisoners.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb