Nice day on the Headlands and Fine Dining Splurge


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3085, -123.809

Got up and decided to walk the headlands in town. They are also very beautiful and there were several school groups walking around as well. There was also a group that were coming back from kayaking out in the bay. The wind was really blowing but they did not seem to get in there way. They had to carry all of the kayaks up a narrow path up to the headlands where we were walking! Whew!

We saw some seals but not as many as we had seen the day before. There was a mother seal with a young seal that it looked like she was trying to push it away to go out on its own. We saw her hit it with her flipper and then we didn't see them again. Wish them both the best of luck.

Had run out of gas for the stove so headed to Ft. Bragg to get some more. We did check in Mendocino but there was none to be found. We did find me a lovely pair of over the knee socks.

We decided to splurge on dinner and go to eat at Flow's in Mendocino. It is located upstairs in a building and you have a nice view of the harbor. Our food was quite delicious and we had a nice visit with the bartender who had grown up in the area and so knew the area. Another couple sat down next to us and we got to talking. They had just bought a house near Russian Gulch State Park and they and a view of the lighthouse. Had a nice visit with them as well.

Back to the campground and called it a day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

beautiful Mendocino Headlandsbeautiful Mendocino Headlands
beautiful Mendocino Headlands

nice sea arches here and there
beautiful Mendocino Headlandsbeautiful Mendocino Headlands
beautiful Mendocino Headlands

hope they are not going to go off the edge
beautiful Mendocino Headlandsbeautiful Mendocino Headlands
beautiful Mendocino Headlands

lots of young school kids on outings..........talking about the vegetation and mammals found in the area.
one of the nice older places on the waterone of the nice older places on the water
one of the nice older places on the water

this is the visitor center and has a nice porch and picnic tables where you can enjoy your lunch and check out the view
hanging outhanging out
hanging out

there was a large contingent of "vagabondos" hanging out


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb