Reunion in the Mendocino Headlands


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3085, -123.809

Drove to Mendocino on a beautiful sunny day. The traffic was heavy but moved right along as we headed further north.

When we turned off 101 onto Hwy 128 the fun began. It is a very winding and narrow road but fortunately there was very little traffic and we made good time. It is very lovely through there with pockets of redwoods creating tunnels of beauty as you drive along.

Got to Mendocino and drove through the town and then on to the campground. Check-in was quite easy this year with little or no hassle and we headed down to check out which campsite we were going to stay in. We had seen #15 last year and yeah!, it was available. It is nice because there is a screen of bushes in front of the camping area and so it is much more private than some of the others.

John and Cindy and Amigo, Nonny, and Youngi (the three dogs) arrived not long after we had set up out tent. All decided to drive into Mendocino and check things out. This was Cindy's first experience with the cold since she has lived in Brazil most of her life.

We decided to eat at the Mendocino Cafe and all had the Thai hot pot, with different variations. Next time think I will get the red curry broth! It was all very good and we had a good time catching up on what had happened in our lived in the time since we last saw John in l992 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janiero!

Walked around on the headlands in town, the art museum, watched the sunset and then we all agreed we were ready to call it a day and off to bed we went.



Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

ships in the harborships in the harbor
ships in the harbor

not a real working harbor but boats were parked there


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb