Day 19 of 21 - Isaiah 49:11 I will make each of My mountains a road, And My highways shall be elevated.


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Boise at 6:20am and headed toward I95 South through Idaho, Oregon, and Nevada. The drive was loooong and boring! Poor Jeff all he could do is stare at the road, I had my book and the boys had movies. We didn't even stop for lunch we all just ate snacks. When we hit Hawthorn we turned off on Hwy 259 which lead us to the California border and Mono Lake. There was a crazy thunder & lightning storm just to the south of us. Ryan tried to capture the lightning on film but not sure of he was successful.

After we turned onto 395 south we passed June Lake and then as we made our way down we could see smoke over Mammoth! We were super concerned that it could be Mammoth on fire, as we got to the Mammoth Mountain RV Park we discovered the fire was a ways away, but the smoke was filling Mammoth. We arrived in Mammoth at 5:00pm and had been on the road for nearly eleven hours! We decided to eat out and went to Giovanni's for the most awesome pizza and antipasta salad! It sure hit the spot!

Our spot at the RV park is on pavement but our space is HUGE, bigger than most of the others too, we are not sure how we landed this spot but we are grateful for a little elbow room. The cooler temps (about 70-75 degrees) are most welcomed and we are looking forward to some great fishing over the text two days before we make our way home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb