Knotsberry Farm & Malibu, Santa Monica and Venice Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Malibu
July 3rd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we went to Knottsberry Farm. We hadn't been there before and the day was perfect. We arrived before opening so for the first couple of hours, you basically had the park to yourself! Which is completely different to Disneyland where lines for rides take 1 hour.

There were many roller coasters and thrill rides which Kelly and Phillip enjoyed. The main setting is a wild west town and the shows on offer related to Saloon singers, cowboy stuntshows and also Snoopy type shows for the little kids.

It was pretty hot but enjoyable. Dinner was at Bubba Gumps Shrimps and it tasted good. Drinks we had a Margarona, which was a margarita with a 200 ml corona tipped upside down, and as you drank the margarita, the corona filled the glass. It actually tasted very refreshing.

Today we went for a tour of the beachside suburbs. We started off in Malibu. What adisappointment. Very boring and plain. The beach was not that appealing either. We have barely seen any grass, everything is extremely dry with huge cliffs and only houses or buildings on either side of the road and nothing else.

Santa Monica was good. A few freaks, but lots going on. Atrapezium school was available and there were a couple of albino snakes you could get your photo taken with, for a fee of course. The water looked very green at the end of the pier. Very nice and breezy.

Next, we went to Venice Beach. I swore after the last timI I wouldn't go back there, but Eli had to see it to believe iT so we went. The street performers are great and interestingly, the exact same act was performed when we were in Hawaii at Xmas but by different performers. In another act, the guy who walked on glass was there still. We saw him 2 years ago. Then there were the guys who had the rats and tried to put them on you. Phillip likes the Pot Doctors who offer you medicinal pot.

The rest of our party have returned from their eventful two days in Vegas. They reckon you couldn't believe it until you see it. A couple of weeks, we'll be there.

Universal Studios tomorrow.

Advertisement



3rd July 2012

congratulations
Sounds like you are all having a wonderful time. Congratulations on a very successful meeting. Please tell Lionel - congratulations on the wedding. Did he have an Elvis WEdding? Keep the posts coming - We saw the downloads on Utube - Kicked ass hey. Continue having a great time and stay safe. Thinking of you all - Sandy xoxoxox
3rd July 2012

Sandy
You wouldn't believe it, but they didn't get married. They were going to have a Johnny Cash wedding and he was there playing some songs, while Mark and Leanne were waiting for them to show, but they didn't. Anyway, hopefully they can do it at home. We head to Sacramento early Friday morning, apparently we will need to leave about 4:00 am for the 7 to 8 hour drive. There is a demonstration meeting on at Fast Fridays. There are some videos of the races at IMS on YouTube that this guy called The Gokart Guy uploaded. I havent worked out how to upload videos to the blog and the Internet here is do slow. How r your holidays going?

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb