Auto Transportation In Los Angeles, California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 18th 2017
Published: September 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post






A Few Gist Of The City:

Los Angeles, aka the “city of angels,” is the second most populous city in the United States (after New York City) and the most populous city in California state.

Los Angeles, is a home of creativity as it supports the discovery and advancement of new talents/ideas and is the cultural, financial and commercial base of Southern California.

It is a center of business and commerce as the city was a base to six of 2014 Fortune 500 companies: Occidental Petroleum Corporation, HealthNet, Inc., Reliance Steel & Aluminium Co., AECOM Technology Corporation, Oaktree Capital Group, LLC, and CBRE Group, Inc.

Furthermore, there are more than 800 museums in the city and a number of art galleries situated on Gallery Row. Meanwhile, Los Angeles has hosted the Summer Olympic Games twice (in 1932 and in 1984) and will host the games yet the third time in 2028.

No doubt, Los Angeles is a wonderful place to live or visit but the truth is you cannot get along without proper transportation there.

How then can you get your private/recreational vehicle over to the city? Either you drive it there or you ship it.

Why Do You Need To Ship Your Vehicle To/From Los Angeles, California -- Rather Than Drive It?

Do you know that Los Angeles has four of the world’s most congested freeway segments?

As a matter of fact, the worst cumulative delay of any U.S metropolitan area happened in Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana region -- where drivers spent 81 hours going slowly on freeways in 2015?

Meanwhile, The Los Angeles Department of Transportation, commonly referred to as LADOT, have announced major maintenance and operations within the City of Los Angeles. Thereby advising private and public drivers regarding work zone fatalities.

Why therefore would you choose to ruin your vacation/travel pleasure with the face of an awful traffic or constant pit-stops, when you can shift the task to a vehicle transport service, while you make your journey to your new home stress and hassle free?

Hence, below are few reasons why you should ship your vehicle to Los Angeles instead of driving it.

1. Vehicle’s safety:

Driving a very far distance can be insecure, particularly if it’s not something you’re experienced about.

Due to an intensive international or interstate journey, your classic cars might begin to wear out gradually. Also, you might likely have one of these awful conditions like over heating, punctured/flat tyre, bump rust, amongst others. However, auto shipping entails careful parking or hauling of your vehicle into a transporter's truck and bringing it down only at the point of delivery.

2.Time efficiency:

If you are intending to spend some time in Los Angeles, you can have your car shipped earlier while you come on the next plane. Instead of having to spend those hours driving your car, you can decide to pass the responsibility to auto transporters while you use the same time to check the news, respond the emails or catch fun with awesome views.

3. It is cost efficient:

Some international journey takes more than 72 hours drive to arrive at your destination. Now add up the cost of fuel, food and drinks, hotel lodge and the three day car maintenance. Then compare it to the cost of just travelling by yourself and shipping your car. Is it worth it?

4. For Comfort

One of the significant benefits of auto transportation is the fact that it brings comfort. With vehicle shipping companies, the responsibility of moving your vehicle from one state to another is being shifted, while your journey becomes swift and easy.

Furthermore, door-to-door delivery is a service option in auto transportation that would serve you with extreme comfort. It entails the transport carrier picking up your vehicle at your doorstep and dropping it at the doorstep of the bargained destination.

How Much Does It Cost To Move Your Car To and From Los Angeles, California.

The single most common misconception about auto transportation and the most important focus of any auto transport quote is the rate.

Most of all, the cost of shipping your vehicle to and from Los Angeles, CA depends on the auto transport company you are dealing with. Meanwhile, some other factors that determines the cost of auto transportation in Los Angeles are:

1. Vehicle condition:

Another considerable factor that affects the cost of transporting your POV or corporate cars to and from the “city of angels” is the condition of the vehicle. Is your car moveable or inoperable?

For instance, there’s going to be a significant increase in the cost of shipping your crashed SUV home, because inoperable vehicles require special kits as well as takes an additional time to haul them into the transporter’s truck.

2. The size of the vehicle:

The size of your vehicle also tells on the amount you’ll spend shipping it. Small and compact cars tend to occupy less space in the transporters truck and weigh less (which reflects into a reduced cost) compared to big vans.

3. Delivery Option:

The delivery option you choose will also determine the cost of conveying your vehicle to and from Los Angeles City. Open air carrier is cheaper than covered trucks, while door to door service option would cost more than terminal to terminal.

4. How soon do you need your vehicle:

This is another key factor that determines how much you’ll spend shipping your car. If you have enough time to plan, then you can go with the basics but if you want your car so soon, you’ll have to consider paying an additional cost.

Some vehicle carriers even go to the extent of shipping your vehicle day and night to get it delivered in no time -- but that’s definitely going to cost more.

5. Distance of transportation:

The distance between your pick up point and the point of delivery is another factor that determines how much you’ll spend shipping your vehicle. The farther the distance, the more the cost.

6. Altered Vehicle Parts:

If your car has being altered in any form, for instance lift kits; which makes your car taller, extra bulgy tyres, dual rear wheel, etc., it would require a special kind of handling and this would most likely alter the cost of transporting that vehicle.

7. Classic or luxury cars:

If you are shipping a luxury vehicle, it needs to be given special care, special touch, special drive, as well as extra coverage and insurance -- to ensure it arrives in showroom condition. These premium services would sure attract an added cost.

Thanks for reading…...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb