LA what a breeze


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 5th 2017
Published: September 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

LA! via Sydney..... landing just after an early morning breakfast. A little sleep for one & none for the other. Hotel shuttle direct from airport to our Hotel proved easy.

We all think the heavy haze over LA is due to the Calfornia fires in Burbank. It turned out to be a warm day but not as hot as the previous few days.

Alice & Drew came into LA early, all the way from Tulare (4 1/2 hours due to a couple of accidents) to meet up with us. They arrived about 10 mins after us to the Hotel. It was so great to see them & they are both looking good. We drove to Venice Beach a particularly wide & fine sandy beach with long promenades and palm trees and shops and people strolling, skateboarding, biking, swimming & bathing and there was the lovely breeze....a fabulous time connecting up and walking in the water. Super being out in the fresh air & being with family half way across the world. Saying goodbye was hard.
30 hours since the early wake up call in NZ that the sight of a lie flat bed was irresitable!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb