Disneyland- The Happiest Place on Earth


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 5th 2015
Published: January 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we spend the whole day at Disneyland and California Adventure Land. We headed there early and into Disneyland where we were amazed by the settings of each 'land'. It was the last day of their festive season and it was still decorated for the holiday season. Our first ride was a child's merry-go-round as we decided to jump on the first ride we saw. Everything in the park was amazing and in theme, the bathrooms were all in theme, each ride operator was in theme and anything you could think off. We got lucky with one ride as we walked by as soon as it opened and didn't have to wait in line, which became an issue for the day. Although it is the happiest place in earth, there were lots of people searching for the happiness, meaning hour long lines for any rides. We decided we would just enjoy the day and take in the scenery and try and find some street shows. We had a look in California Adventure Land where we did decide to go on the big ferris-wheel. We headed back for the street parade which was still the holiday seasons parade. After getting there an hour early we sat in what we thought would be a prime location, however, we found out we were in no-mans land as it was the small section of the round about the parade did not go directly pass. So we moved and still had good spots, next to the family member of one of the dances in the parade, which resulted in a group of ginger bread dancers posing just in front of us. After the parade we headed for an overpriced diner before heading to get a good location of the fireworks over Snow Whites Caslte. We got there a good hour early and were excited for the fireworks......... About 20minutes before an announcement came over informing us that it was possible the fireworks could be cancelled due to wind. We waited the extra 20 minutes hopeful but to no success. After that we headed home after 13 hours in the happiest place on earth. Although it was too busy and we didn't get any fireworks it was still a magic place to be. As our ticket allowed us entry for 2 days we were heading back the following day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Space RangerSpace Ranger
Space Ranger

Ryan is a junior ranger of Yosemite NP and Grand Canyon NP. Now he is a space ranger.


8th January 2015

The happiest place on earth.
Just loved reading your blog on Disneyland,great photo in Mickeys chair! Was Mickey home! Isn't that just the best Looney Land!!! I just loved it.you sure have covered some miles and taken in lots of sights,you both will come home for a holiday!!!!! Uncle Graeme wants me to tell you if you get a chance when you are back in San Fran and you have time,do a tour of the Winchester Mansion as I'm sure you would both enjoy it. Xxx
11th January 2015

The Happiest, and the most Magical place on earth...
Loved your blog on Disneyland, the place where everyone smiles (even in long queue's). Hope you got to see Mickey and Minnie, even at my age, I still love seeing them. What a wonderful trip it has been so far, you will be sorry to see it come to an end.

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb