Universal Studios/Downtown LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 23rd 2014
Published: October 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

After our morning swim and jaccuzi (again had the pool to ourselves), our kind hostess dropped us by car outside Universal Studios.

It was hot and very busy, but an action packed and interesting day. We went on as many rides as time for before closing.....Waterworld show, Despicable Me ride, Simpsons ride, Backstage tour, Jurrasic Park ride, and The Mummy ride. There was a lot and a lot of time spent waiting in line for the rides.

At least they had shade over the people standing in line, as well as mist machines to cool you down.

When it closed it was easy to get back to Hollywood with a free shuttle bus to the metro and a short train ride of one stop.

Then another jaccuzi before bed!



Next day, after our customary swim and jacuzzi (once again deserted) we took the metro back to Union Station, and walked back through the Mexican pueblo area to downtown.

The Mexican area has a totally different vibe to the rest of LA. Relaxing. No traffic. In the little square there was music anda variety of people dancing in the afternoon. It was a shame we couldn't remember the samba steps from our dance classes a couple of years ago.

We made a little video which Fred will upload to his utube channel......

After a Mexican lunch we strolled on to the Downtown area. We had a look at the modern cathedral called Our Lady of the Angels, and the Walt Disney concert hall. Seeing the concert hall I thought the style similar to the outdoor stage we saw in Millenium Park Chicago.

After this, there was just time for pizzas on the roof admiring the city by night, a final jaccuzi, and bed.

The next day we would be exchanging the lap of luxury for a Wicked camper van....


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb