Australia


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We headed to LAX to begin THE trip. We checked in our luggage and Vicky’s visa had an error, uh-oh. Eric had entered Vicky’s birthdate wrong and now she couldn’t go to Australia, just kidding. The Virgin Australia attendant was able to call and get it taken care of. No 15 hour flight should be boarded without some drinks. A big thanks to Vicky’s cousin, Pepe, for meeting and catching up with us at LAX and throwing back some beers. It was very nice of him to drive down and meet us. We enjoyed his company very much.

Recently, we were asked what we remember most about our honeymoon. To those that know Eric very well, it should be no surprise that he replied, “The airplane ride was awesome.” (You would have thought we paid the $6K upgrade pp). To which Vicky replied, “We spoke no more than 2 sentences to each other.” Honestly, the plane ride was pretty cool. Virgin Australia really knows how to throw a party: fluorescent lighting, complete open bar, and every passenger had their own personal television with on demand movies and tv shows. Eric watched “Twilight” (in true Eric fashion) and Vicky watched all of the “New Girl” episodes. With a few movies in, a couple beers and glasses of wine, we slept and flew past Sunday and landed in Sydney on Sunday.

Australian Word of the Day: Rubbish= Garbage

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb