Los Angels


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

LOS ANGELES

Although we thought to escape the bad weather it followed us on our train ride to LA. Multiple times the train was hold up because of flood warning and once it stopped right on top of one. Large volumes of water rushed just a few centimeter under the train towards to Pacific which scared the hell out of Dari but made for some cool pictures😊 (not of Dari but of the Water rushing under us)

After surviving the train ride which beside the floods was uneventful we arrived in LA where although a little warmer it still rained. After our ritual of underestimating the size of the cities and asking for direction, some dude offered to take us to our hotel. Where ever we go there are so many helpful people who will unselfishly are willing to help you, very cool!!!

The next day we started our adventure in LA, we figured that because this city is all about the movie industry the best way to start was getting our asses over to “Hollywood Universal” which is a theme park around everything that has something to do with the movie industry. This turned out to be a good choice, even the weather started to clear up😊) The park is full of Thrill rides, shows and of course the tour through the studios with all its custom build outdoor stages.
If there would only be one thing what they could do properly in Hollywood it would be entertaining! Everybody there is doing his/her bit to entertain you, from the cleaners to the show hosts. You see a lot of recognizable scenes such as the plain crash site of the movie “War of the worlds” with Tom Cruise” and all kinds of cars which have been used in different movies. Some of the shows where 4 dimensional in this case meaning that we could smell the gun powder during the terminator show (I'll be back) and you would be sneezed upon by Donky during the Shrek show. Cool place to visit! After stretching our time in “Hollywood Universal” we finally took the metro to Hollywood boulevard with its “Walk of Fame”, I don't really know why but it is a kind of fun going past all the stars on the sidewalk and trying to recognize as many names as possible (we were starting to feel like real tourist😊). Thinking we were already doing all the corny stuff we might as well look for the Hollywood sign 😊) Although it was almost dark we thought we would have to look for a bright light somewhere on the hill but after a halve hour of searching a locale finally told us that the sign is not lit at night...... WHAT THE $#@&!!!!
It had been a long day already and we decided to go back to the hotel and get some sleep.

The next day we left of where we started knowing the Hollywood sign 😊 after taking some pictures of it we set of for Santa Monica beach and Beverly Hills to see how the guys from 90210 where holding up😊. Public transportation extremely cheap around LA, for only 6 dollar we could travel the entire day by metro and bus.
The weather was really nice and it was good to be at the beach for a short while. But the train was waiting for to bring us to Sin City...... LAS VEGAS, The city of Frank Sinatra and Elvis, well that's what we thought anyway, what could we have known, we WERE innocent Europeans we didn't know anything about what we were letting our selves in to!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb