Day 88


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Any ideas of an early morning run in the California sun to blow away the cobwebs and loosen up for Sundays half marathon in San Francisco are blown away by Philips 17 hour in bed as he doesn’t rise till 2pm. He reasons he missed a whole days sleeps

So by the time we have relaxed in the pool for a couple of hours its time to head downtime to watch LA Galaxy play San Jose earthquakes at soccer as they call it here. Our chauffer for the evening Andrea takes us thou down town LA where we get to see the city at twilight the staples centre where the Lakers play basketball and where Michael Jackson had his memorial service a very enjoyable route.

Soccer US style is alot more family orientated and relaxed people walk round selling hot dogs and candy floss and there doesn’t seem the passion. The standard isn’t the greatest but were made up to see Landon Donovan Playing who stands out amidst the dross.

There isn’t any chanting and any questionable decisions are soon forgotten it abit like being at the cinema. Our old friend Landon gets a last minute goal and Ticker tape descends and everyone cheers and hollers apart from Philip who is whinging that Landon should of done that in the last minute at Tottenham last season when he played for Everton. Get over it.

Tomorrow depending if Philip Gets out of bed we are off to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive and then to watch Men play rounder’s the Dodgers v the Jets



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb