Contiki LA Scene


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Contiki LA Scene started today. We met our tour guide in the morning to get all our documents completed and then boarded the coach for an LA tour. First was a Hollywood tour. Once we were in Hollywood we went on a walking tour. We each had headsets and walked around, the guide commentary playing on our headsets. The guide was quite funny. We pretty much just walked up and down the streets and he pointed out some of the stars, Kodak Theater, Chinese Theater, Egyptian Theater etc and took us to somewhere we could seethe Hollywood sign from a distance. Once the tour ended we had about another hour to explore Hollywood ourselves. It was not as good or big as i expected.

After Hollywood it was on to Santa Monica which i loved. Nice beach town, good food, good shopping, the famous pier. We didn't have much time there considering it took Cat and I about 40 minutes to find a toilet and then longer to get food. We only ended up being able to get into a few shops.

After Santa Monica it was on to Venice Beach. Little bit scary. Considering we were staying in Venice Beach after our Wild Western we were sussing the area and safety out a little. It wasn't quite what I expected. Its very quirky. You find every type of person here, including every type of freak. There were stalls everywhere, most of them offering piercings or tattoos. Also a lot selling clothes. Cat decided she liked the feel of the place and was fine to stay there after tour. The food places looked pretty dodgy but the food was ok, we didn't get sick.

The broadwalk was ok but the bus was parked a street from the boardwalk. As soon as I hopped off the broadwalk three guys came over and started following us asking us where we going, and that they were going to keep following us and track us down etc but it was no big issue. We just kept walking to our bus.

That night we had an included dinner in Anehiem. It included some pizza, ceasar salad and chicken dishes to share. Contiki organised a bus to LA for clubbing but I didn't go because I wanted to rest up for Universal studios the next day. I heard from some people it was pretty average. Apparently fun but expensive. $11 for a house vodka.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb