west coast sunrise


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I belong to the water.
We drove all night last night and arrived in LA around 2 am, got to the beach around 3:30 am. It was almost our own private space at the time. hard to get in LA i do believe. and driving the streets at night felt wonderful, we filled the road.
i loved the rainbow gathering, i have never been around so many accepting people at one time. the best time was starting @ 7:30 am july 4th everyone (i don't know how many were there any where from 10-25 thousand) everyone was completely silent. it was such an immense feeling to have so many people (who drum, dance, and sing long into the night every night and yell such things as 6-up and nick and nite at the top of their lungs) be so quiet. after noon the children there dressed in costumes and painted came the the center of the circle we made around the meadow and erupted with all kinds of loud noises. all day there was a good sized celebration in the main meadow with drums, various other instruments, yelling, singing, dancing, etc.
the scenery i have seen so far has been absolutly beautiful, and my eyes are so happy to see new things. learning to deal and sort things out as they come can be stressful but has proven great for us.
in las vegas we had no place to stay so we ended up finding a good samaritian church where pastor don let us spend the night in a childrens bible school room.
we have met so many nice people so far, and it is most refreshing.
i talked this morning with a couple of ladies of the beach who gave me great recomendations for free museums and we just very pleasant to talk with.
life is different and will get more so, its not easy, but i am loving it.
peace and wellbeing to all.
besos
areca

Advertisement



10th July 2008

How Great!!!
Oh Erica or should i write Areca?? ;) That all sounds so great... Wish I could be there too and share this experience with you... I am am almost done with the semester here and am leaving for my home town on Saturday... I'm actually really excited to see all my friends and family again... Hope you're having an awesome time!! Keep us updated...:) Love ya!!!
11th July 2008

i will be inside the one who holds you
i miss the ocean, as much as i miss you.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb