Day 1 - Atl-LAX-NZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
February 9th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we awoke at 4:30 AM (EST) at home in Alpharetta, GA. We had Sam Herr (Mom & Dad's Golden Retreiver) and Teton (Our puppy black lab mix). We were loading the car to take the dogs to Alex's parents house when... Sam decided to go for a walk without his leash or either of us. After Moe was able to get Sam to try to go back to the house we were under way again.

We dropped of the dogs and then picked up our driver (Daniel Herr) and left for the airport. Once at our gate Moe realized that she had left her drivers license at home. No worries she had her passport and Alex would be afraid if she had it because then she could drive in NZ.

The travels began this morning at 8:30 AM when we left ATL. We arrived into LAX at 10:30 AM (PST). We gathered our bags and went to check them in at the Air Newzealand desk. Unfortuntely, Alex did not realize the gate would not open till 1:30 PM. We then decided to rent a car and visit the Third Street Prominade (Alex kept trying to find the Second Stree Prominade). On the way back to LAX we decided to stop of and visit muscle beach (Venice Beach) see attached picture of Moe in front of the wieght area.

We were both told that Venice was full of intresting people and intresting people we found (See attached picture of Hilliary Clinton supporter, we see how she won California).

We are now in checked in for the twelve hour flight to Auckland. (Alex is very nervious about how Moe and her ADD will hold up). Moe has purchased tylenol PM. (We hope it works.)

Advertisement



9th February 2008

WOW!
Sounds like you had an exciting day! I am really glad that you are doing this...it is really neat. I was not sure what I was going to do for 2 weeks without talking to my Vessel. Well, Moe, you can no longer say anything about me leaving my license at home:P But atleast you have your passport. Hope the ADD is not too bad for the flight. Happy travels and be safe.
10th February 2008

you silly silly boy
15th February 2008

vessel
hi ves, miss you!!!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb