THE BEST AROUND THE WORLD TRIP EVER... ENDS


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So here we are… 6 continents… 16 countries… 105 blog entries… 2262 posted photos… 15,389 page views… 174 comments… 16 people meeting us along the way… 1 guest blogger… 5 host families… and 113 days later.

This was the perfect trip to take at the perfect time. When else will we be fresh off an engagement, on the verge of starting our careers, with four months of free time? In the middle of the world trip, we came back to Cali for Match Day to find out our fate and were ecstatic to get our #1 choices. As the trip comes to an end, there is still more celebrating to do. We just found a two bedroom condo across the street from the hospital where we will both be doing our internships. Moving day is tomorrow. Graduation is just around the corner. Thanks to all of you who have shared this journey to faraway places and through important milestones in our lives.

That said, we now present you with our best of the best. Feel free to leave us a comment with your own rankings!


Favorite Destination
Salvador, Brazil during Carnaval

Favorite Place to Live
Paris

Best Cuisine (excluding home-cooked meals!)
Thai

Best Local People (excluding family!)
Australia (Leroy)
Brazil (Meli)


Best Beach
Boracay

Best Tourist Site
Pyramids at Giza

Best Drink
Havana Club cubalibre (Leroy)
Caipiroska (Meli)


Best Wine
Argentina

Best Photo (see above)
Zero Gravity

Best Entry (highest number of page views)
“Hi mom, I'm in Paradise...call you later”

Best Comment
“You know, when Melissa writes the blogs, we get history, culture and family. When Leroy writes the blogs, we get sex therapy, a strip club I'm guessing, man-on-man action in the men's room and squid balls. You're such a DUDE!!” from Alea on April 3rd

Favorite Song
Napo in the Fache

Best Quote
“It was NOT C'EST BON!”

Best Guest Blogger
Bettina

Best Reader
Alea and Bettina (tie)


Advertisement



10th June 2007

Thank you guys!
It was so inspiring to read about your trip-- welcome home! I cannot wait to see you guys soon...
10th June 2007

Good luck
Your blogs were great! I wish you luck on your medical residencies...sending positive vibes your way :)
11th June 2007

great to be a part of it!
it's sad that your journey has ended but far greater that you got to experience something a jillion people don't....and i know, for me, i'll always look back with fondness that i got to experience something once in a lifetime with 2 great friends. c'est bon!
12th June 2007

awww ya like that pic huh =) my vote is the red sunset with you both ;) cheers! thanks for sharing your travels with all of us!! vit and i will do that one day with our little one! all the same places! (except madrid) heheheeeee.. And its always nice to live so close to the office (across the street! wow!) more sleep time!!
16th June 2007

Congratz
Hey Leroy and Melissa, I'm just a random person from the internet and caught your blogs.. I must say that your trip is inspiring to see all those countries!!.. I'm still on the blogs about Egypt but want to say congratz on your upcoming graduation.. They should have done a reality with you two on the travel channel!!.. Bravo!!! =)
19th June 2007

Bravo
Bravo pour le voyage, le blog, les photos, votre amour! Bon courage pour la suite. Elle commence bien avec l'appartememt... Continuez-la bien! Je vous embrasse tres fort tous les deux. Maman numero 3.

Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb