The city of Angels


Advertisement
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

El Capitan El Capitan El Capitan

A very famous 3,000 foot vertical rock formation which many people climb in Yosemite. It takes two days to climb all the way up and you have to sleep hanging on the side of the cliff. No thanks!!!
It was a shame to leave Yosemite as the scenery was so phenomenal. So after we saw the last of Yosemite, half dome, El Capitan and walked through the smoldering sequira grove we left the park to find the freeway and make our way to something that is a total contrast to Yosemite’s environment. Yes we were going to LA, which would be the most southern stop on our trip. We found a historic museum to have lunch at on the way and chatted to the friendly volunteers at the museum who had plenty of good advice for traveling in California.
Driving on the freeway was…..an experience. Vehicles whizzed past me on both sides. The corolla was battling to maintain the aggressive 70 mph or 112 kph speed limit. We managed to find the hostel in Venice beach without the aid of a street map and checked into a private room.
It was early Saturday night but we were both really tired (I was coming down with something nasty) so instead of going out we stayed in.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Boulder this!!!Boulder this!!!
Boulder this!!!

Which means, climb over or around this rock using only your hands and feet. Haha I don't see many hand holds.
Yosemite ValleyYosemite Valley
Yosemite Valley

Another Vantage point of the valley, showing half dome and El Capitan and Nevada falls.
Deer familyDeer family
Deer family

Look at those big ears. These are mule deer, very common in Canada and the USA.
Sequira grove Sequira grove
Sequira grove

Still in Yosemite but on the south side near the entrance to the park. The were doing controlled burnoffs so the place was rather smoky.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb