A Relaxing Send Off


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.0113, -118.492

This was it. The last day of our grand adventure. Its been over six months since we flew out of Melbourne bound for Singapore. On Saturday morning, we will arrive back in Melbourne, having completely circum-navigated the planet. With our flight not until 11.30pm this evening, we still had a day ahead of us. We packed our things, and grabbed another omelette for breakfast. We met Brent and Emily at checkout at 11, and left our luggage in their room. Today, we had a relaxing day planned, touring the beaches on the West Coast of Los Angeles.
First stop, Venice Beach. Getting there by public transport took us around 90 minutes. Being spoiled with the quality of Australian beaches, we've often found ourselves disappointed at over hyped beaches around the world. We were relieved to find that today that would not be the case. Venice was a nice beach. Soft sand, small waves, great views. The four of us started at the pier, then made the walk along the beachfront towards Santa Monica.
On the way, we dodged all sorts of seedy market place vendors and characters. There was a brief stop off at Muscle Beach Gym. This Isa world famous gym, the very place a certain Arnold was found and begin to make his claim to fame. Eventually, we found our way to Santa Monica beach, very similar to Venice Beach. There was a board walk theme park here called Pacific Park. Whilst extremely dated, it was kinda cool in a retro, classic kind of way, offering nice views of the beach front. We grabbed a late afternoon feed here and relaxed as the sun started to set. Time then to head back to the hotel, gather our belongings, say goodbye to Brent and Emily and begin the two hour public transport trudge to the airport. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb