We Made It All The Way. Yea!!


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

July 18, 2010
WE HAVE ARRIVED. It only took us 17 days (it is supposed to be a 9 day trip) and worth it all the way. We left San Bernadino at around 8:00 am and traveled through Rialto, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Clairmont, LaVerne, San Dimos, Glendora, Azusa, Irwindale, Durate, Monrovia and finally into Pasadina, Los Angles and to the Santa Monica Pier. We arrived at the pier at around 1:30 and left at around 6:30 pm. We took our picture at every place that said we were at the end of the Mother Road.

When we were in Winslow, AZ the gal at the store we were in told us to find Dan in a Kiosk on the Pier and tell him the girls from Wonslow said to say "Hello". We found him, and he was very informative. He sells nothing but Rt. 66 merchandise (made in America). He had a lot to tell us about the road. Apparently, he has been traveling the road for years. We bought some t-shirts from him and moved on to have somethng to eat. We had Mexican food and then a yummy, greasy funnel cake. Probably not such a good idea.

We had to change our route since the directions out of Pasadina in our EZ Guide did not know about the road closings. But, we were pretty good and found our way to the right place.

We decided to leave the Los Angeles area before Monday morning rush hour and booked out of there right away. We have been there before and done the tourist thing, so not a big deal. We headed for Sequoia National Park and are about half way there. We are boondocking tonight and hope to get an early start tomorrow. Enjoy the Pictures.
We have also done the drive up the coast to San Francisco, and done the Hurst Castle, etc. so nothing lost by leaving LA.

More Tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Lincoln Blvd. Santa Monica, CALincoln Blvd. Santa Monica, CA
Lincoln Blvd. Santa Monica, CA

Just for you, Lincoln.


19th July 2010

Trip
Congratulations!!!!!!!Have really enjoyed traveling with you. Thank the Lord you had a safe trip.
19th July 2010

Congrats!
It's now 10:37 AM here just in case you needed to know. :) Congrats on making it all the way! Is that Sonny Bono's Historic Orange? Where is the pic of Hearst's Castle? And didn't you want to drive around fancy LA and star search? Ha ha. Enjoy the scenic trip back! I highly recommend the Black Hills and Badlands if you head home that way.
20th July 2010

Didn't know you'd already been to SoCal & parts north. Can't wait to see what's next. Happy traveling!

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb