Santa Monica


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Santa MonicaSanta MonicaSanta Monica

finally a new T-shirt
Stood in Sydney International airport at 3pm on the Wednesday 5th November the world changed as Barack Obama was pronounced USA’s 44th President, the crowd was quite sizeable and the mood was really good. Then we boarded our 16 hour flight and the start of our very long day.

We took two flights changing in Auckland which was quite strange to return to after sixth months on. The flights were both excellent and I could not praise Air New Zealand more they were faultless and everything was just as it should be.

We landed before we left in Los Angeles and soon found our selves a transfer to Santa Monica. Walking half asleep we went out to find a bite to eat and try to stay awake, but soon had to head back to our hostel and give into the tiredness.

We only had one day in LA and there was one definite thing that had to be done, so we brought some travel cards and headed across town to Hollywood and the Stars. It was just as it should be, all very American, all very big and extravagant.

We headed back to Santa Monica and stopped off at Rodeo Drive, not just famous as where the stars shop but the back drop to Pretty Women. We felt completely out of place but it was really good to see the massive designer labels in the street with chandeliers for street lights.

Back in Santa Monica we headed to the beach and the pier. Unfortunately our time was soon over but not before a bit of shopping.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

hotel roosevelthotel roosevelt
hotel roosevelt

where alice stayed before
alice and a piratealice and a pirate
alice and a pirate

so like johney depp


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb