Let's Explore the Ship


Advertisement
Published: September 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our cabin is in a great location ... it seems everything begins at the Empress Deck. So let’s explore a bit.

Blue Riband Library
We head up the grand staircase to the Atlantic Deck and come to our first room. The Blue Riband LIbrary had a great decor ... very nautical. The windows were lined with ship models ... gee, is that the Normandie? And is that the Queen Mary? There were pieces of art and such that reminded us of the Paradise's them of "Great Ocean Liners of the World." Very fitting and reminiscent of our stay on the Queen Mary. We would find ourselves here often since it was the meeting place for both the Behind the Fun Tour and Chef's Table.

Camp Carnival
We weren't traveling with any children this time but I wanted mention how great Carnival's kid program is (for parents and kids alike!). Camp Carnival has programs for different age groups and we found our way to some of the meeting spaces. For the young set, Camp Carnival caters to the 2 to 11 year olds. They have a fun looking room, don't they? I hear they even get to do Build-a-Bear! Next
Normandie LoungeNormandie LoungeNormandie Lounge

Check it out ... I look like I'm on stage. Superstar!
cruise I'm sneaking in and building one for myself! Circle C is the club for 12 to 14 year olds. Club O2 is for the older teens (ages 15-17). At this point this is where we would find our kids ... well, at least the youngest! They have all grown so fast!

It's Show Time!
The Normandie Main Lounge was the gathering place for shows, Bingo, talks ... and even our initial Lifeboat meeting spot. Looking towards the back you can see how large the Lounge is as it extends two levels. Looking forward ... well, the stage is very grand, gold and glitzy!

Promenade
Hey, we've reached the Promenade Deck!

The Carnival Blvd. Promenade extends the length of the ship and is filled with all kinds of fun places ... Majestic Casino, Cafe Ile De France (coffee shop), Club O2, Video Arcade, Rex Dance Club, Photo Gallery, a few bars and of course, everyone's favorite ... the $10 Store!

The Promenade was lined with these cool art deco chairs and seating areas. A great place to sit and relax, looking out the windows and sipping a specialty coffee from Cafe Ile De France. And later, in the evening, the Promenade is where the hungry gather for free Sushi!

We explored quite a bit of the ship already, but we had to linger at one of our favorite spots, the Paradise Atrium ... there was just SO MUCH to see! We even stopped long enough for a self-portrait. Nice of Carnival to use so many mirrors!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Circle CCircle C
Circle C

The club for 12 to 14 year olds.
Club O2Club O2
Club O2

The club for 15 to 17 year olds.
Camp CarnivalCamp Carnival
Camp Carnival

The club for 2 to 11 year olds.
Normandie LoungeNormandie Lounge
Normandie Lounge

Looking towards the back you can see how large the Lounge is. Can you spot hubby? Hello, Rod!
Carnival Blvd. PromenadeCarnival Blvd. Promenade
Carnival Blvd. Promenade

The Promenade extends the length of the ship.
Carnival Blvd. PromenadeCarnival Blvd. Promenade
Carnival Blvd. Promenade

The line for Sushi can get long!
The United States BarThe United States Bar
The United States Bar

Located right outside the Majestic Casino, it's a smoky area for sure ... good news for some, not so much for others!


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb