Now we're off!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
September 25th 1996
Published: April 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We headed out to LAX again, on board America West flight 2043. I was in coach seat 7A on the 737-300 aircraft.

Just as the day before, we went over to the Japan Airlines counter to try for Tokyo again. This time we would be successful. We had an enjoyable flight on board JAL flight 063, a 747-200 to Narita. I was in coach seat 56J. In Tokyo, we just stayed in the airport and awaited our connection to Hong Kong. As an aviation enthusiast, I was very excited to be flying into Kai Tak airport. Our connecting flight was on board Japan Airlines 735, which was a 747-400. I was in coach seat 35K and slept most of the way, just waking for the dinner only. The food on JAL was fantastic! I had a window seat on the right side so I had a great view of the HK skyline on landing. The customs and immigration was long and slow. It was late and we were tired. When we finally got out, we took the bus to Taikoo Shing and found my friend Jim's uncle waiting for us. We went up to their apartment, which was 30 floors up in a high rise building. We all went to sleep quickly, excited about seeing HK the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb