Real Super Bowl Food Facts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Inglewood
February 12th 2022
Published: February 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Since my Niners are not in the Super Bowl, I will watch from home, and enjoy some good food like most of you. I think the menu calls for chips and guacamole to start. This will be followed by lamb chops, rice, and greens. Dessert? Probably the All-American favorite, apple pie! The Super Bowl is second only to Thanksgiving in terms of food consumption. What are the rest of you eating? If you are taking the over/under on the food prices, take the over on higher food prices than 2021. The projection for chicken wings alone is 1.42 billion (over 100 million pounds) chicken wings! I wonder what they do with the rest of the chickens? Over half of Americans prefer to dip their wings in ranch dressing. Pizza is the top snack for the Super Bowl. One in seven Americans order takeout on Super Bowl Sunday. And 60% of the orders are for pizza. Veggies are popular, but potato chips are the most dippable snack, with over 11.2 million pounds of potato chips. Add 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips, and 4 million pounds of pretzels in the dipping category. This is also the second biggest grilling day after the 4th of July. Over 14 billion burgers will be consumed Sunday.And for the aftermath, antacid sale increase by 20%!o(MISSING)n the day after. And 1.5 million of you will call in sick!What are the most unusual Super Bowl food items I have experienced? A buddy of mine roasted a turkey, but the game was over long before it was done. In California, cheeseburger sliders are becoming popular. Just up the road in Oregon, they prefer pasta fagioli. Iowans prefer crab Rangoon, while Ohians prefer cheese balls. New Hampshire prefers pork chow mein, and Minnesotans prefer Chex mix!I could see sushi being a great finger food and appetizer on SB Sunday. Also, a few Chinese dishes like dim sum, and some noodle dishes.As far as beverages, beer is numero uno with 325 million gallons, which is well over a billion dollars of beer. Other beverages range from soda (40%!)(MISSING), iced tea (20%!)(MISSING), wine (10%!)(MISSING), and whiskey (12%!)(MISSING). Beer comes in at 31%! (MISSING)No stats are available yet on hard seltzers. I plan to have my usual, a sparkling wine like a cremant from Loire. If my Niners were playing, I would open a bottle of Ruinart!Whatever you do, I urge moderation, lots of water, and a good night's rest. Too bad our Niners missed by 3 lousy points!Just so you know for next year, the Rams fans say the food at So Fi is horrible. Everyone brings their own!!! Beers are $15. Why build a $5,5 billion stadium serve bad food? Go figure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb