HOLLYWOOD. All that glitters is NOT gold.


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.0983, -118.326

CALIFORNIA - HOLLYWOODStars on the Walk of Fame, singing and Phantom of the Opera.We stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel which is right in the center of the city. We could see the walk of Fame with all of the stars and the Graumans Chinese Theatre from our window. The price wasn't cheap but we where in an amazing old building and right in the heart of Hollywood.We took one of the famous tours that takes you to all of the hot spots and the famous houses including Rodeo Drive and Mulholland Drive.That afternoon we took the train to San Diego the old town of California. It feels like you are in Spain. It's wonderful. So many colors and amazing textiles. The food was pretty amazing too.We went to the theatre to see Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater. It finished late and the theatre is in the rough end of the Walk of Fame.We walked very fast. Not looking at anyone or making eye contact. Trying to be invisible.The whole street is just a little odd. Actually the whole city is a little odd.There seems to be this huge divide. Either you made it or you didn't.The difference between the two extremes are huge.Every morning we would go out and have breakfast and the same old man with his coffee, a little shakey, not shaved but he looked like he had been in the same cool clothes from the 80's. It's like he was still waiting for his big break and that he was to be discover at any minute. There where a number of homeless people on the streets. Some where dressed up and taking photos with tourists and making money that way. There was a grandmother and granddaughter both dressed as princesses. The little girl really didn't want to be there but the old lady was having a wonder time posing with tourists while pulling her granddaughter into the photos.<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">I really have mixed feelings about the whole city. It really is beautiful but it has no soul. It's really shallow. It's all about looks and getting that bid break and if you don't you end up on the street. It's a huge monster that just chews you up and when it's had enough of you it just spits you out on the streets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb