Day 19-21 Hollywood and Morro Bay California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 27th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our drive from Las Vegas to California was very scenic and at one point we drove through clouds as we crossed the mountains. Darise said it looked like we were in Heaven. It was a peaceful and beautiful moment.

Soon after, we were in Los Angeles and were thrilled when we saw the Hollywood sign in the hills. We felt instantly famous and were waiting to be discovered. The next day, a dream came true for Darise as we were on The Price is Right. We didn’t get called down, but we did a lot of cheering and clapping. We were the last to leave the studio so we decided to go to contestant’s row. There we were; all four of us lined up making imaginary bids. It was fun and even the announcer, George Gray, said hello to us and laughed at our antics. The show will be aired on January 19th, 2012, so be sure to mark your calendars!

That evening we went out for drinks with John’s cousin, Glen and his wife Abby. They live in Hollywood and Glen works for Warner Brothers. We went to a trendy restaurant/bar called “Firefly”.

On Thursday morning, we went for our VIP tour of Warner Brother Studios. We saw Raj from the Big Bang Theory...he drove by in his nice black Ferrari. He smiled and waved to us. We also saw the Mother from Mike and Molly...well...actually just the back of her head. LOL. We were on the set of The Mentalist and learned a lot about film production. It was another awesome day.

After the tour, we went to the Griffith Observatory for a great view of Hollywood and L.A., then we were on the road again.

We arrived in Morro Bay late this afternoon. It’s a quaint little village with the major feature being Morro Rock. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset and had a wonderful seafood dinner, fresh from the ocean.

We’ll have a surprise Wanderlust guest joining us tomorrow...so stayed tuned.

Love to all,
The Wanderlust Crew
xoxo





Warner Brother Studios



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb