USA - LA & Hollywood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

HollywoodHollywoodHollywood

Marilyn and Jacko
Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th Oct

Having flown across the US it really gives you an idea on how big a country it is, seeing lakes, vast plains and the Rocky Mountains. After some much needed rest Tuesday 20th was spent exploring Hollywood where our hotel was based and then touring bits of LA such as Bel Air, Beverly Hills and the famous Hollywood sign. The tour showed great views across LA from the side of the hill and there were various houses of famous actors and actresses, as well as the expensive shopping area of Rodeo Drive where soft top Rolls Royces where parked up outside exclusive jewellery shops, where you can only enter by prior appointment. With the main studios such as Warner Brothers being only 5 minutes away it was also good to see locations where parts of films are recorded such as Pretty Woman.


We enjoyed walking along the Hollywood boulevard in front of the Kodak theatre where they hold the Oscars and checking out the stars of stage and screen whose names are in gold stars on the pavement. We saw Gabrielle from Desperate Housewives doing a promo from L’Oreal outside the Kodak Theatre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Kodak TheatreThe Kodak Theatre
The Kodak Theatre

New home of the Oscars
Gabby from Desparate HousewivesGabby from Desparate Housewives
Gabby from Desparate Housewives

L'Oreal interview outside of Kodak Theatre


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb