U.S.A - California - L.A. - Hollywood - Beverly Hills - etc


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 11th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It took a lot of courage, willpower and spirit; but we were determined to make it out of bed for the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. It was a battle of epic proportions, but all 3 of us were downstairs stuffing our faces with bagels before the 10am deadline.

Equipped with the USA lonely planet, we decided to 'do' all that LA downtown had to offer in a single tourist orientated day. And boy did we manage it! We even had time to spend all our well earned cash in a out-of-town outlet mall later in the evening.

We started with a whistle stop driving tour of 'downtown' LA. We had intented to stop for a little while, but there really didn't seem to be too much there for us. And so, Dale drove a few parallels, stopped at 'Union Station' for a quick photo and then headed for 'Sunset Boulevard' to do some 'star spotting'.

As we were on Sunset Boulevard heading for the main shopping areas, Ollie assured us that the dude driving the flashy Jag infront was Michael Douglas. So obviously we followed. He headed up into Beverly Hills area, past Lindsay Lohans flat, and
Hollywood BoulevardHollywood BoulevardHollywood Boulevard

Elmo makes the baby cry!
deep into some very swanky housing estates. I had the opportunity to pass him as Mark got the camera ready and..... of course it wasn't him. Nothing like him.

After that huge disappointment, we decided to cruise down Rodeo Drive in our KIA Spectra (incase you don't know, a very hip car these days) and finally stop on Robertson Drive for some serious star spotting. We walked past 'The Ivy' a couple of times and sat outside Starbucks looking for celebs, but no definates, just alot of 'hhmmmm i no he's famous for something?'

Later that afternoon we decided to go somewhere we were guaranteed to see stars. Well, the 'walk of fame'. It was crowded as hell, but worth doing, plus we had an amazing Japanesse lunch at a little cafe.

As I said, we still had time to hit the shops (the ones we could actually afford) on the way home, and of course finish the day off with a subway dinner. Lovely!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb