Long live the King!...


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bit of a monster flight from Rarotonga - we touched down in Tahiti for an hour or so about 2am. Tried to buy a post card to send to Macie (Pauls Niece) but they only sold them in packs of 10 and we did not have any proper currency so it was all a bit much at that time in the morning. Finally got to LAX about 1pm and then the shuttle bus seemed to keep driving around all the terminals until it had enough passengers. I think we finally got to our hostel about 4pm and both were pretty tired out. We did not do much that evening apart from walk down Melrose Avenue, past all the posh clothes and antiques stores. We were looking for somewhere to eat but it all looked a lot too bling for us.

Managed to get a bit of advice inside the hostel and eventually found a few places to eat a couple of streets away. Had a Pizza and a couple of beers in a restaraunt which was only lit by small candles on the tables - made it fairly atmospheric but really hard to read the menu! Both collapsed into bed fairly early and got a really needed nights sleep.

After a quick breakfast in the cafe at the hostel (Beck had the largest pancake known to man - one customer allegedly ate 3 of them but he must have exploded!) we dashed down to Hollywood on the bus for a quick look around. We only had a few hours but managed to make it to the Chinese Theatre and wander down Hollywood Boulevard to see the walk of fame for the media stars and also all the hands and foot imprints in the concrete.

The highlight of the day must be Beckie getting a photo taken with Elvis - one for Dave we reckon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Beck and ElvisBeck and Elvis
Beck and Elvis

Singing a song!


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb