SJC back to Hermosa Beach


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Staples Centre againStaples Centre againStaples Centre again

The season opener. Steve Balmer (ex-Microsoft CEO) recently bought the Clippers for a record $2B. The disgraced previous owner of 33 years, Donald Stirling, was forced to sell when his ex-mistress made public racist emails from Stirling. You can see the back of Balmer's bald head in the front row of floor seating, this side of the near goal.
Geo: 33.8759, -118.405

Yesterday was golf and shopping again. We had a late golf tee time and only just got in at dusk. Bob and I played with his regular partners, Santiago and Nevin. Robyn and Connie joined us at the Aliso Veijo Golf Club for an Italian dinner and drinks. Nevin's wife Denise, too.

Today we had a leisurely drive to Hermosa Beach. Robyn bought a nice quilt for our guest bedroom, and a second suitcase to carry it home in. Also had a look around the massive WholeFoods store in Irvine. This is an upmarket, organic supermarket that includes restaurants and bars in the store. You take your plate of hot food through the checkout, then eat in-store.

We returned the Caddy to Alamo (2,250 miles driven) and Erin picked us up after her work. We were then a bit rushed to get to the Staples Centre, this time to watch basketball - the LA Clippers vs Oaklahoma City Thunders. The Clippers won 93-90 and it was a close game. BTW, San Francisco won the World Series baseball in a close decider 3-2; the third time in five years, I think I heard.

Tomorrow we're off to Universal Studios for the day. We paid extra for queue-jumper tickets with access to priority lanes for the rides.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb