LA - Day 2


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

DAMN! Those girls look deah-d.



We had a rough sleep. Got woken up at 4am from a fire alarm, but it seemed we were the only ones concerned. No fire though. Room service woke us up at 11, starting to feel the jet lag at this point. We stopped off at our favorite (cos thats how americas spell it) cafe LA for an awesome breakfast. We felt like egg. After both agreeing to go to Hollywood, we set off without a clue how to get there. We walked to the metro station and took the Red line to Hollywood. It was pretty straight forward actually. We got off and walked down Hlywd Blvd a fair bit, by passing the hollywood sign which was cool.

Along the way we got asked about 28 times if we wanted to do a tour. I didn't think we looked that touristy but anyhoo, it was annoying. Spoiler alert - Hollywood is really dirty and run down. Its not like what you see on TV. We don't recommend it. Don't go there.

We wanted to go somewhere nicer, so we trekked it to Santa Monica Beach which took agezzzz but the hefty bus ride passed through almost all suburbs of LA so we got to see quite a lot such as Capital City, Beverly Hills, Sunset Blvd and Rodeo Dr. All we could smell was weed. Standard.

The beach looked ah-mazing, we took about 500 photos of it from different angles. Josies were out of focus. We got the sudden urge for sushi so we walked along the promenade and found a cheap place but the sushi was reeeeally good. We took a photo. After filling our tummies, we walked down to the pier. the weather was perfect and there were a lot of people about. We do enjoy long walks on the beach, so we decided to take one but it wasn't long after till we lay down on the sand and fell asleep. An hr later, some dude told us we looked dead.

We finally arrived back to Downtown and inhaled the most amazing steak. it was $13.

Day 2 = success.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb