LA - Day 1


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bula!



It's been a LONG day.

After an emotional goodbye and an aggresive frisk search, we boarded our $600 Air pacific flight. We were greeted by the lovely Fijian crew who say 'bula' which means welcome. we think…

The plane was hot. we were sweaty and agitated and ontop of that, there was no window on our row. Our on-flight entertainment was down and our screens didn't work. But we made it to Nadi in one piece.

During our 3 hour stopover, Josie started her usual whining about being hungry.

And Jana started her usual racist whining about how she doesn't like Indian…food. We ate, we drank, we watched some Dexter and Supernatural on our laptops then hopped back on the same plane and sweated 10 times more. Fiji's very hot, who'da thought. I sat next to a black man from 'Cali'. Jana took up 3 seats.

2 hours through customs and BAM we're in a taxi heading for Downtown LA.

We're staying at Cecil Hotel, a stones throw from the dodgy downtown area, but close to everything else and the best cafe! We keep going back for more. We dropped our stuff in our room and were out the door straight away, even though we were both wrecked. Walked up Spring St, went to the civic centre, saw the LAPD building and the LA Times Headquarters and walked up the stairs of the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Strolling through Bunker Hill we joined the extras and crew filming a car v push bike chase being shot.

After a well-overdue shower, we walked to a pub that has no name and ordered a spicy meatball sub that was so fucking spicy, but delicious. mmm. meat ball.

The bartender helped us with our beer choice. we tipped her.

Jana still wasn't satisfied. We walked around the block trying to find ice-cream, which wasn't hard. Josie didn't get one, she's trying to watch her figure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb