Day 31- Rain & Academy Awards


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Downtown
February 12th 2020
Published: February 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately our activities for today were a bit limited because it was bucketing. It’s the only rainy day forecasted though so fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again!

Started off with breakfast tacos at an organic place called Cow Cafe (LA is doing so much better with the healthy options than anywhere else) which were filled with scrambled eggs and whipped avocado which was lovely. We then headed to the Staples Centre, which is the place where the LA Lakers and the Clippers play their NBA games. Adam took pictures with all of the statues outside of famous NBA players- he was in heaven.

It was at this point that it started to bucket down, and we thought our best bet was a cinema or mall so we walked until we found one. The first place we came across was Macy’s! We hadn’t done too much shopping for Adam this trip yet (it’s mostly been for me- whoops!) so we spent probably about two hours getting him some new clothes.

Just as we finished, it was time to head back to the apartment to watch the Academy Awards! Adam went to get wine and I went to get a bunch of little things to make some sort of platter, and we had our very own Oscars viewing party. Except for the fact that we couldn’t get it to stream on anything without paying a monthly $55 subscription. Exactly like the super bowl. So eventually we gave up and watched Netflix, we can always just watch the highlights reel tomorrow.

So, yes, unfortunately not a lot to report today, but we’re off to Universal Studios tomorrow so I’m getting pretty excited!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb