Arrived Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Vicki and I arrived at 10:20 local time this morning. We had a great flight with Virgin Australia, fantastic staff both ground and flight crew were so friendly. Greeted with a smile at all times, Sir Richard would be proud. Exit row seats are definitely worth the extra cost and the fact one of the few vacant seats on the aircraft was next to me was even better. Thanks to some noisy neighbours sleep was not that easy, there must be a bogan convention on as the group near us was definitely fitted in that category with such classic comments "must be your shout for another gin and tonic". Having said that the four babies on the flight were really good, a few tears at different times but other than that all good. Also great to catch up with a former work colleague Adam, his wife Alicia and their baby Lincoln who were coincidentally on the same flight.

Clearing imigration and customs at LAX well let's just say it is a necessary evil but they could learn from Australia as the process leaving Oz was very efficient.

We had a fantastic cabby from LAX to our hotel, very nice guy and he could really drive. Have spent this afternoon catching up on some sleep and are now trying to track down our fellow adventurers Karen, Brian, Emerson, Jackson, Jason, Dennis and Michelle.

Early dinner then early to bed tonight for what will be a big day tomorrow with a trip to Universal Studios on the cards.

Advertisement



9th October 2012

Testing 1-2-3
Hi, Now the fun begins looking forward to the Blog, Lyne
10th October 2012

Your trip thus far
Loving the blog. Customs in the US will never change. How you adjusting to the time zones? Go IHOP!!!!!!! There is one across from Disneyland if your going there and it"s open 24/7. Oh yeah the "fast passes" are a treat. If you again using them at Disneyland you may still have a queue.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb