Last Full Day at the Disneyland Resort


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.8327, -117.916

We debated whether we needed to take advantage of Early Entry but, in the end we decided we would get up early and head to the parks again. We overslept but still made it to the turnstile a little after 7am. Space Mountain was our first ride of the day. We then rode the Matterhorn and it was at this point that we realized that this was not going to be a successful Early Entry. The crowds were HUGE. We finished Matterhorn just as the Park was opening...two rides in one Early Entry hour vs our successful Early Hour a couple of days earlier.

Since the line for Storybook Canal Boats can get long we jumped on that ride so that the Baker family could experience all the greatness that original attraction has to offer. Then a few of the group rode the Mad Hatter Tea Party.

Breakfast was again at the Bakery on Main Street and then we took the train back to ToonTown. We had a short wait for Roger Rabbit and then wandered around ToonTown, saw Mickey Mouse and even bumped into Goofy on the street.

Our next stop was going to be it's a small world but....BROKEN!

We caught the train and took it around to New Orleans Square so that we could see the Grand Canyon and Primeval World and then finish up by riding Pirates and Haunted Mansion. As soon as we got off the Train Steve and I went to get Splash FastPasses. Then rode the Mansion, and Pirates before grabbing lunch at the River Belle.

Then it was time for our Splash FastPasses. As we walked up toward Splash, it was eerily quiet..BROKEN! Our streak continues.

So, we decided to head to The Enchanted Tiki Room where we could get Dole Whips and watch the show.

After the Tiki Room we went to Disney's California Adventure where we rode Toy Story Mania, Maliboomer, played some more games on the boardwalk, rode California Screamin' and then went to the Animation Academy where we learned to draw Pooh. We wanted to ride Monsters Inc so we headed over there but, our streak continued....BROKEN.

Since the plan for this night was to let the Kids enjoy the parks while the grown ups went to Dinner at Napa Rose we decided this would be a good time to split up. Nikki and Susan wanted to freshen up so the four adults went back to the hotel and the kids got some freedom.

While the ladies went up to the rooms Steve and I went to check in for our flights and then took a quick tour of the DVC units that will be opening up at Disney's Grand Californian.

Dinner was delicious and the company was great! Since we all ordered something different we were able to taste several different dishes.

Steve and I still had California Screamin' FastPasses so we went and rode that after dinner while the ladies went to shop. Then we met the kids at the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in Disneyland. The kids had a great adventure without the parents and I am sure that they were glad for their freedom.

It was getting crowded for the Fireworks so we grabbed a spot on Main Street to wait for the show to start. I have to say that although the new "Magical" show is nice, it is nothing compared to the "Remember" show that it replaced. We were all tired so we rode the Monorail back to the hotel.

Since the Bakers had to leave early the next morning to catch their flight we said our goodbyes and went to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb