Arrival Day


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.8327, -117.916

Up early and out the door by 7 for our 8:30 flight. We departed on time, had an uneventful flight and landed in Long Beach, CA on time. Nikki and the girls went to baggage claim while I went to get the rental car. There was not much traffic to the Disneyland Hotel so we made it there by around 10. Checked in, our room was ready and so was the Bakers so the CM allowed me to check us both in, that way the Baker Family could just go straight to their room.

We unpacked and the girls wanted to go to Downtown Disney and shop while we waited for the Bakers to arrive from Virginia.

The girls were in heaven in Sephora and Kelsie even had a beauty consultant show here "age appropriate makeup" application. We then grabbed a snack at Wetzel's Pretzels. While we were snacking, Steve called and they were at the Hotel.

We walked back the Disneyland Hotel to meet them. After the introductions (Steve, Susan, Justin, Brittany and Josh Baker and Ric, Nikki, Regan and Kelsie Flack) we walked up to the rooms so they could drop off their luggage.

Since it was lunch time we went to Award Wieners at Disney's California Adventure to eat.

After lunch we rode Monsters Inc, the Tower of Terror and went to the Animation building. Then it was time to go to see Aladdin. This was the only day the show was playing during our stay so we had to catch it. I forgot how good the show was and I am glad that we got to see it again. The Genie's jokes were as current as always and made for a good show.

After the show we headed to Disneyland so we could be there for our dinner reservation. We grabbed Indiana Jones FastPasses and then did a walk through of Sleeping Beauty Castle before heading to Big Thunder Ranch for our Celebration Dinner.

The dinner is served family style at the ranch with entertainment performing all during dinner. We had chicken, ribs, sausage, corn on the cob, baked beans, cornbread, and coleslaw. We had a great waitress who was constantly joking around with us so it made the event even more fun.

After dinner we walked over to Haunted Mansion which was broken down so, we did Pirates. Then, it was time for our Indiana FastPasses. Even with our FastPass we had about a 20 min wait before getting onto our car and entering the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Once we were off the ride some of us were starting to wind down so we headed back to the room for a quick, short swim. The hot tub was hot and the pool was good so we had a great swim to end the day.

Then it was back to the room for bed so we could be ready for another exciting day.



Advertisement



26th July 2009

Answer to Tina No characters, dessert was extra but it was really cute. It is ice cream cones with cake baked in the bottom and served with ice cream on top.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb